Friday, June 18, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully


The feeling is pulsing through my veins. Hello again, I never thought I’d feel you here again. Here, where darkness clouded it’s vision. My heart could not see ahead and never dreamed forward. I thought it was the end, it should have been the death of me. I had stopped hearing, feeling, knowing you. I was left in the company with fear, unfaithfulness, and defeat.

You heard me all along. Your heard me blaming you, cursing you, and disowning you. You felt me all along. You felt ever fistful heartache, you felt all of my falls, all of my blow outs. You’ve known me. Known me when I loved you, when I left you, when I forgot you. I had given up and then you stepped into my ring. After watching patiently in my corner you fought back. My enemies didn’t stand a chance once you brought down your mighty hand. This would be the last round of bullying and setbacks. Ring, goes the first bell. You made contact with my opponent with the your unfailing love for me. Ring, Ring goes the second bell. Darkness, was blinded by your strike of freedom and sacrifice. I heard the last ring. He had beaten my threat with his grace and his promise that he will always be in my corner.

He reached for me and the he embraced me. My sins, my shame, my fears, and everything that filled the space between me and him. And for the wonder that happened next..thank you. I wanted to thank him for every gifted second that he revived me. His whisper of peace swept away everything that I should have apologized for. But those things remains in the darkness; forgotten, alone, without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment